The Green Business Framework is a sustainability toolkit for organizations that wish to implement a credible sustainability plan, educate their employees about sustainability and report to the highest standards on economic and/or environmental and social performance. The Framework is primarily concerned with resource efficiency and competitive advantage.
Principles and benefits of the Green Business Framework approach
- Aligned with the world standards in sustainability and reporting
- Built to educate employees and stakeholders and packaged for sharing within the organization
- Structured approach that’s easy to follow, intuitive and evenly distributed over the reporting period
- Drives accountability in a subtle way
- Focussed on progressive improvement
- Inherently promotes the principles of stakeholder inclusiveness, materiality, accuracy and reliability
- Regular (monthly) format ensures involvement and maintains momentum
- Consolidates data in the cycle into a GRI Control Sheet
- Provides communication and PR collateral on a monthly basis
There should be two basic objectives where a sustainability plan is concerned:
- The incorporation of strategies, principles, practices and interventions that relate to environmental, social and economic performance
- A structured and credible integrated/sustainability reporting process.
Introducing sustainability into the organization doesn’t need to be a major concern for executives and employees. A simple structured approach to the most material interventions can be easy to implement and manage, and can result in great returns on many levels.
Similarly, a reporting process that is aligned with the sustainability plan will be a relatively easy process to maintain.
However, it is important to ensure that:
- The reporting process is directed by the GRI Guidelines
- The sustainability plan is informed by the reporting process and feeds into the reporting process
- Senior management are committed to the plan and the process
Sample Image – Stage Entry Point:
Click here to download Green Business Framework Brochure April 2013